Manual Transmission Servicing
Due to a high volume of service bookings, our current lead time is approximately 4 weeks.
All service bookings will require the vehicle for a full day from 8am, no exceptions.
Have you been hearing strange noises while driving? Gear changes are becoming more difficult? It might be time to take in your vehicle in to get a manual transmission service!
Automatic Transmissions R Us are Perth’s leading independent manual transmission specialist. In our 15 years of operation, we have developed a positive reputation within Western Australia for our commitment to providing the highest quality work and unparalleled customer service at the most cost-effective price.
Your vehicle’s manual transmission is a highly complex piece of modern engineering. A manual transmission is one of the most important aspects of a car as it is responsible for distributing power to the wheels. Since it is under constant subjection to high temperatures and friction, wear and tear occurs faster in a transmission than in any other car part. In order to avoid severe damage to your car’s transmission, a regular manual transmission service is recommended every 12 months (or every 20,000km) in order to identify small problems before they become major expenses.
At our workshop located in Balcatta, our team of highly experienced transmission experts utilise state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to identify issues, service, rebuild, and improve your vehicle’s manual transmission system to get you back in ‘drive’. Fortunately for manual car owners, there are fewer parts in a manual transmission than an automatic transmission, making diagnosis and repair a more straightforward process. From extensive testing and repairs of your existing unit to swapping in quality replacement transmission units, Auto Trans R Us will make the process simple, thorough, and efficient.
Our team of transmission specialists will work with you to find the most cost-effective and reliable solution for your vehicle. No matter the make or model, at Automatic Transmissions R Us, you can trust that we will get you back on the road, fast. To talk to one of our mechanics about our manual transmission service, contact us by sending an enquiry form, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling us on (08) 9240 5449. We’ll have your car back in gear in no time!
What is the Difference Between Manual and Automatic Transmissions?
The key difference between these two transmission models is that a manual transmission has a clutch pedal and a gear stick. A manual transmission, or stick-shift, allows you to shift your vehicle into different gears using the gearbox. Conversely, an automatic transmission does all the grunt work for you, automatically changing gears fluidly as you push on the gas pedal.
So, why drive a manual? There are plenty of reasons why manual transmission systems remain popular today:
- They tend to be less expensive than their automatic counterparts.
- Manual cars are often more fuel-efficient.
- Manual transmissions give drivers a greater level of control over their car.
- Repairs and maintenance of manual cars generally cost less.
What Are Some Common Manual Transmission Issues?
- Leaking or low transmission fluid.
- Worn clutch plate.
- Worn thrust bearing
- Worn spigot bearing.
- Air in the hydraulic system.
- Incorrect lubricant level.
- Blocked ventilation tubes/ports.
- Worn gears.
- Loose bolts.
- Broken clutch cable.
What Are the Signs You Might Need Your Manual Transmission Serviced?
- Odd sounds – clinking, scratching, snapping, whirring, squealing, or grinding noises often indicates a problem. Always have suspicious noises checked out straight away.
- A slipping clutch – this could indicate that the friction material on the clutch disc is worn out.
- A sticking clutch – if you’re finding it hard to release your clutch, it could be a defective master cylinder, a broken clutch cable, or air in the hydraulic system.
- A hard clutch – if you have to exert a higher than normal pressure to get your clutch to work, it could be a blockage in the hydraulics or a clutch cable problem.
- Delay when going into gear – this often indicates you may need your clutched replaced.
- Car can’t get into gear – if this happens, check if your transmission fluid is low. If your transmission fluid is at an acceptable level, get your car checked out by a manual transmission specialist like Auto Trans R Us.
- A burning smell – this could mean that your transmission fluid is overheating. Take your vehicle to a manual transmission specialist.
- Noisy in neutral – if this is happening, take your vehicle to a manual transmission to be inspected. This usually means your vehicle has some worn out parts that need to be replaced.