Automatic Transmission Service
Due to a high volume of service bookings, our current lead time is approximately 4 weeks.
All service bookings will require the vehicle for a full day from 8am, no exceptions.
Have you been hearing strange noises while driving? Gear changes are becoming more difficult? It might be time to take in your vehicle in to get an automatic transmission service! Automatic Transmissions R Us are Perth’s leading independent automatic transmission specialist. In our 15 years of operation, we have developed a positive reputation within Western Australia for our ability to consistently deliver a high-quality end product at a cost-effective price.
Your vehicle’s automatic transmission is a highly sophisticated piece of engineering. An automatic transmission is one of the most important parts of a car’s performance as it is responsible for sending power to the wheels. Since it is under constant subjection to high temperatures and friction, wear and tear occurs faster in a transmission than in any other car part. If not regularly maintained, an automatic transmission can lead to costly repairs and car failure down the track.
Given the complexity of automatic transmissions and the potential cost of repair, it makes sense to uncover any possible problems before they can cause any damage. A regular auto transmission service will extend the life of your vehicle and will save you time and money in the long run. We recommend that you have your automatic transmission serviced every 12 months or every 20,000km.
At our workshop located in Balcatta, our team of highly experienced transmission experts utilise state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to identify issues, service, repair, rebuild, and improve your vehicle’s automatic transmission system to get you back in ‘drive’. From swapping in quality replacement transmission units to extensive testing and repairs of your existing unit, you can rest assured that Auto Trans R Us will make the process simple, thorough, and efficient.
Our team of transmission specialists will work with you to find the most cost-effective and reliable solution for your vehicle. No matter the make or model, at Automatic Transmissions R Us, you can trust that we will get you back on the road, fast. To talk to one of our mechanics about our automatic transmission service, contact us by sending an enquiry form, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling us on (08) 9240 5449. We’ll have your car back in gear in no time!
What Are Some Common Automatic Transmission Issues?
Regular automatic transmission servicing will help guard your vehicle against expensive breakdowns and repairs. If you leave your automatic transmission unchecked for too long, it can lead to costly issues which can affect the condition of your vehicle, including:
- Wear and tear of bands in changing gears can result in band breakage and loss of gears.
- Oil leaks which will result in your transmission burning out and electrical component failure.
- Oil filter blockage which will lead to the automatic transmission being starved of oil.
- Radiator malfunctions such as water leaks and poor cooling of the transmission can lead to poor performance and burning out.
- Contamination of solenoids can cause poor flow of oil through the transmission.
What Are Some Signs I Might Need My Automatic Transmission Serviced?
At Automatic Transmissions R Us, we have the latest electronic equipment to scan your vehicle and identify problems caused by electric, hydraulic or mechanical faults. Some common signs that you may need your automatic transmission serviced include:
- Strange noises coming from your car, such as whining or humming.
- Gear changes are becoming stiff and difficult.
- Your car slipping or shuttering whilst driving.
- Burnt, cloudy transmission fluid.
- A burning odour coming from your transmission.
- Leaking transmission fluid.
What Does an Automatic Transmission Service Include?
Our automatic transmission service includes:
- Draining the transmission fluid.
- Removing and cleaning the oil pan.
- Inspecting the condition of the fluid and whether there is any evidence of metal, clutch lining matter, or sludge in the pan.
- If required, a full transmission fluid flush.
- Removing, cleaning, and replacing the transmission oil filter.
- Checking and adjusting bands and controls (where applicable).
- Refitting the pan using a new gasket.
- Filling the transmission with transmission fluid.
- Checking for leaks and wear on seals and hoses.
- Testing to check the performance of the vehicle and automatic transmission.