Automatic Transmission Service Perth
Due to a high volume of service bookings, our current lead time is approximately 4 weeks.
All service bookings will require the vehicle for a full day from 8am, no exceptions.
Have you heard strange noises while driving? Are gear changes becoming more difficult? It might be time to take your vehicle in to get an automatic transmission service!
Automatic Transmissions R Us are Perth’s leading independent automatic. In our 15 years of operation, we have developed a positive reputation within Western Australia for our ability to consistently resolve transmission problems and deliver a high-quality end product at a cost-effective price.
Since the transmission is under constant subjection to high temperatures and friction, wear and tear occurs faster in a transmission than in any other car part. If not regularly maintained, an automatic transmission can lead to costly repairs and car failure down the track.
Given the complexity of automatic transmissions and the potential repair cost, it makes sense to uncover any possible problems before they can cause any damage. A regular auto transmission service will extend the life of your vehicle and will save you time and money in the long run. We recommend automatic transmission services every 12 months or every 20,000km.
At our workshop located in Balcatta, our team of highly experienced transmission experts utilise state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to identify issues, , , and your vehicle’s auto transmission system to get you back in ‘drive’. From swapping in quality replacement transmission units to extensive testing and repairs of your existing unit, you can rest assured that Auto Trans R Us will make the process simple, thorough, and efficient.
Our team of transmission specialists will work with you to find the most cost-effective and reliable solution for your vehicle. No matter the make or model, Auto Transmissions R Us are Perth’s leading specialist in repairing and servicing car transmissions,, torque converters and power steering systems. You can trust that we will get you back on the road, fast.
Contact The Automatic Transmission Service Experts
What Are Some Common Automatic Transmission Issues?
Regular automatic transmission servicing will help guard your vehicle against expensive breakdowns and repairs. If you leave your auto transmission unchecked for too long, it can lead to costly issues which can affect the condition of your vehicle, including:
• Wear and tear of bands in changing gears can result in band breakage and loss of gears.
• Oil leaks, which will result in your transmission burning out and electrical component failure.
• Oil filter blockage, which will lead to the auto transmission being starved of oil.
• Radiator malfunctions such as water leaks and poor transmission cooling can lead to poor performance and burning out.
• Contamination of solenoids can cause poor flow of oil through the transmission.
What Are Some Signs I Might Need My Automatic Transmission Serviced?
At Automatic Transmissions R Us, we have the latest electronic equipment to scan your vehicle and identify problems caused by electric, hydraulic or mechanical faults. Some common signs that you may need your auto transmission serviced include:
• Strange noises are coming from your car, such as whining or humming.
• Gear changes are becoming stiff and difficult.
• Burnt, cloudy transmission fluid.
• A burning odour is coming from your transmission.
• Leaking transmission fluid.
What Does an Automatic Transmission Service Include?
At Auto Trans R Us, when an automatic transmission specialist conducts an automatic transmission service, they will:
• Drain the transmission fluid.
• Remove and clean the oil pan.
• Inspect the fluid's condition and whether there is any evidence of metal, clutch lining matter, or sludge in the pan.
• If required, conduct a full transmission fluid flush.
• Check and adjust bands and controls (where applicable).
• Refit the pan using a new gasket.
• Fill the transmission with transmission fluid.
• Check for leaks and wear on seals and hoses.
• Test to check the performance of the vehicle and auto transmission.